Tuesday, May 22, 2012

On the Brink

It has been a crazy week... like my best friend said.... my life is a sitcom.

This week so far has been awesome and challenging. Mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically. I've been able to get up and go to the gym every morning, do my devotions, and then spend the day at the lake reading and swimming. Idyllic right? Some things happened today that made me realize... I'm standing on the brink... on the brink of something new. Something awesome. Something that I cannot even imagine.

What it is?

I have no clue.


This morning I was getting ready for my devotions, and the daily Bible verse that came to my phone was good, but for some reason I flipped to the book of Revelation. Why, I have no earthly idea. But God knew. This passage made me think about my future.

I know your deeds, that you have a name
that you are alive, but you are dead. 

Wake up and strengthen the things that remain, 
which are about to die; 
for I have not found your deeds completed
 in the sight of God. 
Revelation 3:1-2

I am not fully living yet, because I'm still working on doing His will. I know I'm on the right track, and in the right place, and finally I'm on HIS timetable instead of mine. In the last two weeks, God changed my entire plan, and I am now back to graduating in May of 2013 like I was originally supposed to. I had been praying for a cut and dry answer as to what I should do, and He answered. 

I'm so excited to see what my future is going to hold. Who is going to be in it, and where I will end up this time next year. Maybe I'll revisit this blog post and see what God has done in that time. He isn't finished with me yet. This summer with the children's ministry, I cannot wait to see how He is going to use me and work through me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment