Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Music for the Soul





Today... was not a good day. Actually today was a horrible day. Over the course of the past two weeks, my life has completely turned upside-down, inside-out, and side-ways.... but tomorrow it will hopefully be right-side-up again.





After having a completely awful day... I had to go work with the elderly lady I take care of. Not a huge deal, I just didn't feel like being around people, talking, or anything. I arrived, and since it was a torrential down-pour, we couldn't even go for our usual 2 mile walk. Not a Good Thing! So I threw some cookies in the oven, and made dinner for us. After we ate, I re-painted her nails, did mine (Even though I effectively ruined them today because of everything that went on and they were getting so long too! I'm not bitter at all though. *sarcasm*).

We went to sit in the living room, and for some weird reason, I decided I'd play the piano for her. Biggest blessing of my life happened. She had two hymnals sitting on the top, so I started flipping through them and playing random songs. For a bit of background, I have played piano for 18 years, and it is a huge stress-reliever for me. While away at college I hardly ever get to play the piano... which isn't good because it'd relieve stress. But why would I need that? Nursing school isn't stressful at all.

Anyways, so I start playing the first song, I think it was What a Friend We Have in Jesus. And "Frenchie" as my good friend dubbed her after my phone auto-corrected her real name, started singing along. For almost an hour, she and I sat in her living room and sang hymns at the top of our lungs. My throat is raw because of it, but it did my heart good to be praising my Savior, just because.


A new goal was also added to my Bucket List: Own a grand or baby grand piano someday.
It WILL happen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment