Tuesday, March 27, 2012

No Problem!


Have you ever said thank you to someone, and they replied with a flippant "No Problem" or "Its not a problem." Frequently this happens in restaurants, or grocery stores, but it can even happen in the business world. You say it to friends, relatives, employers. According to etiquette books, this is a highly disrespectful response, even if it is not intended to be. If we are serving someone, such as in a restaurant, it shouldn't be a problem for us. Its our JOB. But even with simple things as helping someone out. They give a truly heartfelt thank you, and our flippant response is "no problem!"

Someone brought this to my attention the other day, and at first, it shocked me. But then I began thinking about it, and actually caught myself saying it later that same day. Then I realized how true it is.

You might be thinking "Okay, so I say no problem, instead of you're welcome, what's the big deal?"

Let me put it another way. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for this beautiful day that you've given to us.
No Problem. 
The many blessings that we've received throughout the day. 
No Problem. 
Thank you for the opportunity to spend time with friends and fellowship with them.
No Problem.
I ask that you give us a good rest of the day today, and a good nights rest so that we can be ready to face tomorrow.
No Problem.
Bless the hands that prepared this food, and let it nourish our bodies.
No Problem.
In Jesus precious name,
Amen. 

Hitting home yet?

How about a more serious situation.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I know I'm a sinner, and I know that You are the only One who can save me. I believe You sent Your Son Jesus to die on the cross, to pay for my sins. And that He is the only way to be saved from sin. I ask You to come into my heart Lord, make it whiter than snow, and forgive my sins.
Thank You for saving me Lord.
Amen.
No Problem! 
-God

Puts it into perspective huh? Maybe think twice before giving the response "no problem" from now on. I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment