Friday, August 24, 2012

Live Like Christ, Love Like Christ


I’ve been musing about this for the past few days while catching up with friends at school. In the past 7 days I have heard it all. From engagement stories, to weddings, to break-ups, fights with friends, parents, in-laws. Just about everything.
The biggest thing that stood out to me though is that very few of my friends were loving like Christ loved when He was on earth, and how He still loves now.
There was no condemnation behind His love.
There was no judgement behind His love.
There was no ridicule behind His love.
Did Jesus judge? Of course He did; just one example is when He judged the Pharisee’s and Scribes who wouldn’t admit they were sinners. But He is perfect, He is omniscient, He is omnipotent, He is omnipresent, He is God. He had the right to judge.
I am a lowly senior in nursing school. Have I had experience in certain aspects of life – yes. However, that does not give me the right to judge other people in the way they live their life. When I think people are in the wrong, do I tell them? Sometimes… it really depends on the situation and how close I am to them.
I don’t agree with the lifestyle of every one of my friends; some are on the more conservative side, some are on the far opposite side. Do I love them all – YES. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without those friends in my life.
But someday each and every one of us will answer to God for the decisions we made throughout our life. It is His job to judge us. If we are Christians, thank the good Lord for forgiveness and we will be rejoicing in Heaven with Him.
We, as humans, have taken the liberty of allowing “Christianity” to entitle us to judge and condemn others for the decisions they make. This is where Christians gain a bad name; and quite honestly, Christianity is losing its beauty. True Christians should mimic the love of Christ. Jesus was a servant, He loved everyone, He had compassion, He listened to people, and He helped them.
It is impossible for us to have love that is unbiased, and isn’t skewed in some way. But it is possible for us to try and love like Christ did. When we ourselves realize the great sacrifice He made for us, such lowly sinners, we realize we’re no better than anyone else in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment