Sunday, April 8, 2012

Waiting on God - Day 13

Read: Psalm 16

It's Easter Sunday morning, I had to work so I wasn't able to make it to church like I wanted to. However, once I got off work, I had the house to myself, so I put my sweatpants and sweatshirt on, grabbed a cup of hot tea, my journal and Bible and headed out to the deck to have my devotions.
Thank You Lord for a beautiful day!

"The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
You support my lot.
The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.
I will bless the Lord who has counseled me;
Indeed, my mind instructs me in the night.
I have set the Lord continually before me;
Because HE is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
Therefore, my heart is glad and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will dwell securely.
For YOU will not abandon my soul to Sheol;
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.
You will make known to me the path of life; 
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever. 
v.5-11

"In every true prayer there are two hearts in exercise. The one is your heart, with its little, dark, human thoughts of what you need and God can do. The other is God's great heart, with its infinite, its divine purposes of blessing. What think you? To which of these two ought the larger place to be given in your approach to Him? Undoubtedly, to the heart of God: everything depends upon knowing and being occupied with that. But how little this is done. This is what waiting on God is meant to teach you. Just think of God's wonderful love and redemption, in the meaning these words must have to Him. Confess how little you understand what God is willing to do for you, and say each time as you pray 'And now, what wait I for?' My heart cannot say. God's heart knows and waits to give. 'My hope is in Thee.' Wait on God to do for you more than you can ask or think."

Challenge: Which heart do you trust more, God's or yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment