Monday, April 2, 2012

Waiting on God - Day 6

Read: Psalm 25:3






"Let none that wait on You be ashamed!"







During the summer three years ago, I was teaching 5-day clubs with CEF. I've always worked alone, so I had no partner to "back me up" if I forgot something. Usually I was prepared, I had my check-list, I'd leave early, do my devotions in the quiet of the car beforehand, and be ready to go.
On one particular day, this was not the case. The Bible lesson for the day was the Centurion's servant. (rare one, huh?) Such a fitting day for it too, because I realized I left my Bible with my lesson notes on my desk. The night before I had been putting together a special project for the girls in a later club, and I never put my Bible back in my bag. I always keep an extra Bible in my car, but really? How on earth was I supposed to teach the lesson on the Centurion's servant? This was the lesson that I used my notes for the most; all the other lessons I basically had memorized. I had no clue what I was going to do; I was embarrassed and ashamed that I wasn't prepared.
I had 10 minutes before I had to be inside. So there I sat, in my car, on the verge of tears and prayed. I texted my mom and asked her to bring my Bible to the next club, got out of my car, and went to the back to get my bag out. I was heading in to teach kids, completely unprepared, with no back-up plan. I sent up another silent plea asking God to help me. As I opened the back hatch of my explorer, my teacher's manual fell out of the car. The binder opened to all the lesson plans. I almost fell over with relief. God answered my prayer and had given me everything I needed to teach the Bible lesson that day.  

Challenge: Do you take your problems to God? Do you allow Him to show His awesome answers to prayer in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment