Thursday, April 5, 2012

Waiting on God - Day 10

Read: Psalm 33

Challenge: How many times is lovingkindness or mercy mentioned in this passage? What does that mean to you?
Four times in twenty two verses, God's lovingkindness or mercy is mentioned. 

Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, 
On those who hope for His lovingkindess."
v.18 

I think one of the hardest things for people to do is to reject the attitude of "God will forgive everything because I ask for forgiveness. Even if its the repeated sin. STOP making the same choices! There's a popular quote that says "The first time its a mistake, every time after that its a choice."

Don't make the same mistakes over again.
  
Thy Mercy, My God

1. Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song,
The joy of my heart. and the boast of my tongue;
Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last,
Hath won my affections, and bound my soul fast.

2. Without Thy sweet mercy I could not live here;
Sin would reduce me to utter despair;
But, through Thy free goodness, my spirits revive,
And He that first made me still keeps me alive.

3. Thy mercy is more than a match for my heart,
Which wonders to feel its own hardness depart;
Dissolved by Thy goodness, I fall to the ground,
And weep to the praise of the mercy I’ve found.

4. Great Father of mercies, Thy goodness I own,
And the covenant love of Thy crucified Son;
All praise to the Spirit, Whose whisper divine
Seals mercy, and pardon, and righteousness mine.
All praise to the Spirit, Whose whisper divine
Seals mercy, and pardon, and righteousness mine.

1 comment:

  1. Also, look at Psalm 136. "Lovingkindness" is in it 26 times in 26 verses!! It's the Hebrew word "חסדו" or kheh'-sed which means "loyal love" or "faithfulness".

    Also, Romans 6 talks all about how we shouldn't continue living in sin so that grace can continue expanding, but that we should walk in the Spirit (Rom. 8). Read this in a class the other day and wanted to share.

    ReplyDelete